Test Systems Engineer - Devices
Compensation: $50 - $75/hr
Our client is a leading developer of laser and electro-optic systems for the aerospace community, with key contributions to lasers for atmospheric sensing, laser communications, and lidar sensors for NASA, DoD, and commercial customers. They are looking for a highly motivated individual with multi-disciplined engineering education and experience background with knowledge of mechanical, electrical, fluid, power, and computer systems, integration and test to join their research and development division in Herndon, VA.
You will support the design, integration, and testing of complex space-based laser, lidar, electro-optical, and electronic systems. While most of the work will be hands-on, as a Test Systems Engineer you will be responsible for coordinating and supporting design efforts; defining test requirements; and generating component, assembly, and system level test documentation; then lead the execution of these integration and test activities.
You must demonstrate a working knowledge of developmental test processes, test set-ups and systems integration. Additionally, you must demonstrate the ability to identify and understand technological risks and to implement risk mitigation strategies to ensure program success.
- Develop test processes, test equipment designs, test configuration set-ups and systems integration using proven methodologies and techniques.
- Design of deliverable hardware, as well as ground support and special test equipment.
- Requirements management and traceability to system verification and validation.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM), with a Master’s Degree in engineering preferred.
- A minimum of 1 to 5 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience in Systems Engineering and/or other engineering disciplines with an emphasis in test requirements development, test planning, test documentation, and systems integration, verification, and validation.
- Experience with developing and/or managing system requirements.
- Experience with space-based, electro-optic hardware integration is a plus.