Lucas Group has partnered with our client in Downtown, Houston, on their search for a Technical Accounting Consultant. This is a full-time, contract role and is 100% in-office.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development and implementation of company-wide accounting policies.
- Responsible for research, analysis and documentation associated with technical accounting matters.
- Provide accounting guidance for complex transactions.
- Preparation of internal financial statement analyses and development of new analyses in response to inquiries from Senior Management
- Assist in the preparation of monthly bank financial statements
- Monitor, interpret and implement new and emerging accounting standards.
- Lead the financial reporting process, including drafting financial statements and disclosures, and ensuring supporting schedules are accurate.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting (or higher) required
- Minimum 5+ years of technical accounting experience required
- Experience writing accounting memos required
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- CPA preferred
- Large public accounting experience preferred
- NetSuite software experience preferred
Title: Technical Accounting Consultant
Lucas Group ID: 1595766