The Restaurant Systems Analyst provides technical expertise in operating and developing restaurant applications company. Responsible for all technical components including configurations of applications (mostly SaaS), user administrations, transactions, upgrades, enhancements, and integration of applications with APIs or data file extractions.
Technical responsibility for core Restaurant Applications including Point of Sale, Payment Systems, Online Order, Reservations Management and Time & Attendance.
Performs as a senior level individual contributor. Supports IT management and interacts with staff and senior leaders across company (Operators and all RSC teams). Acts as a mentor and advisor to junior level and cross-functional team members as needed.
- Create new POS keys and kitchen routing details (KDS times and stations, coursing, PLU activation and screen assignments, etc.) as well as upkeep and changes to existing keys, for food & beverage core menu items (including food, liquor, wine and retail), Special Events packages, and limited time offers (LTOs).
- Setup and troubleshoot APIs to integrate Micros POS with Hot Schedules (labor scheduling), Open Table (reservations), Gratuity Solutions (Cash and Tips), CrunchTime (food cost and inventory)
- Setup and troubleshoot data integrations with Payroll, Accounting, Reporting and Analytics
- Serves in role as a senior liaison and technical subject matter expert for restaurant applications
- Act as primary architect and system administrator for restaurant applications across multiple databases, SaaS providers, internal and external systems.
- Has responsibility for all system operations; availability, user access, daily and scheduled processes
- Ensure daily execution of transaction capture and downstream data feeds execute on schedule
- Adhere to all configuration and change management procedures and audit compliance
- Create and maintain standards within restaurant applications to ensure high availability, accuracy, financial & security integrity continuity.
- Perform routine quality assurance testing on applications.
- Participates in gathering and analyzing of internal business requirements by means of interviews, workflow analyses and facilitated discussions with users.
- Identifies and communicates risks and issues impacting business rules, functional requirements, and specifications.
- Participates in managing the scope of applications and related changes.
- Collaborates with stakeholders on the evaluation of the feasibility, effort, and costs to implement requirements.
- Participates in the creation of training materials and may assist with user orientation and training.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and managers to exchange information related to areas of specialization. May serves as a liaison between engineering, quality assurance and non-technical stakeholders during the development and deployment process.
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Mentors less experienced members of the team.
- Preferred: Point of Sale experience (Oracle, NCR, Toast). Setup, maintenance and support.
- Bachelor’s degree in business/finance or computer science
- Minimum of five years of experience in ERP and/or high transaction/high user count platforms.
- Strong proficiency in relational databases, SQL, and other business reporting tools.
- Working knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Working knowledge of network communication hardware and protocols
- Working experience setting up and administering application servers and desktop computing
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to effectively translate technology into nontechnical business terminology
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, ability to interpret results to identify trends.
- Be an independent and creative thinker with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent customer service experience, passion for helping others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including face to face, written, or via phone
- Extensive communication through telephone, e-mail and in-person communications
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Open, visible, and approachable
- Possess interpersonal skills and ability to cultivate strong professional relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines, manage and prioritize own workload, and escalate when appropriate
- Willingness to travel to local restaurants and occasional overtime travel to support new restaurant openings