Ethical Hacking team enhances our client’s information security posture against a broad range of cyber threats through penetration testing and red teaming that uncover weaknesses and vulnerabilities in people, processes, and technologies.
This is an individual contributor role that will lead and support penetration testing, red teaming, and adversarial advisory services. You will interface with the business to identify and manage risk, craft attack plans, lead and execute assessments, author and review reports for business and technical stakeholders, and advise on effective risk management activities while having the opportunity to combine your technical expertise with your adversarial imagination to build offensive capabilities in pursuit of continuously improving our resilience to threats and adversaries.
The successful candidate for this position will be part of an exciting and dynamic environment to help build and deliver industry leading ethical hacking capabilities to continuously protect and defend employees, brand, systems, and data. Ethical Hacking is part of the InfoSec Operations organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Lead planning, scoping, execution, and reporting of red team, purple team, and penetration test assessments involving internal people, processes, and technologies.
2. Demonstrate expertise in simulating/emulating threat actor tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) and reconnaissance, social engineering, cloud, web application, API, infrastructure, network, and physical security testing techniques.
3. Demonstrate expertise in command and control (C2) and payload development and modification to circumvent network and endpoint security controls (e.g., EDR, NDR, etc.).
4. Develop and deploy tooling, services, infrastructure, etc. as needed.
5. Collaborate with information security teams to improve prevention, detection, and response capabilities and provide guidance and support to teams risk managing assessment findings.
6. Improve operational efficiency and grow Ethical Hacking capabilities by building, adapting, evaluating, and/or automating tooling, infrastructure, services, processes, procedures, methodologies, playbooks, templates, and knowledge bases.
7. Research and integrate the latest tools, tactics, techniques, procedures, and developments in vulnerability research, exploitation, privilege escalation, defense evasion, lateral movement, and means of achieving objectives into new or existing capabilities.
8. Exhibit professionalism, act ethically and with integrity, operate securely, and ensure consistent high quality practices/work, and achieve business results in alignment with companies strategies and productivity goals.
9. Perform other duties as required.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
1. In-depth knowledge of methodologies, frameworks, tactics, techniques, procedures, and tools that promote effective testing, analysis, and the ability to determine root cause and create solutions that resolve risk in the best interest of the business.
2. Proficient in the use of testing frameworks, tools, and scripting and development languages, such as, Kali Linux, Cobalt Strike, OST, Burp Suite, Docker, etc.
3. In-depth knowledge of Active Directory, Windows and Linux internals, social engineering, simulation/emulation planning, and circumventing security controls.
4. Experience collaborating with developers, administrators, engineers, architects, and internal and external stakeholders to drive effective planning, scoping, execution, and risk management.
5. Experience conducting penetration testing, red team, and/or purple team assessments as a consultant or a demonstrated ability to support multiple concurrent assessments.
6. Experience writing and delivering technical reports and performing technical review and quality assurance.
7. In-depth knowledge of MITRE ATT&CK, OWASP, CWE, CVSS, and secure system and software development practices.
8. Excellent communication skills (both written and oral); able to concisely communicate and present risk to both technical and non-technical audiences.
9. Experience with AWS, Azure, GCP, Kubernetes, and/or cloud native technologies.
10. Contributions to the security community such as research, public CVEs, bug-bounty recognitions, open-source projects, and blogs or publications desired.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Information Technology, or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
• Typically a minimum of five years of information security experience (red teaming, purple teaming, penetration testing, cloud security, and/or network security).
• Typically a minimum of five years of experience with scripting or development languages (Python, C, C++, C#, Go, Nim, Rust, Bash, SQL, PowerShell, assembly, etc.).
• Applicable certifications preferred (CRTL, CRTO, OSCP, OSEP, OSEE, CRTP, CRTE, GPEN, GXPN)