Title: Senior Network Engineer -Micro-Segmentation project
Length: 18-24 months with the possibility of flipping to full-time
This position will be heavily remote but the candidate must be willing to come into either their Chicago NY or NJ office.
Our client is a global financial firm that is looking to add a senior network engineer to their network engineering team responsible for assisting on their micro-segmentation project. This would be a 1-2 year contract role with the possibility to turn full-time
Description (Sr. Network Engineer for Micro-segmentation):
- Work in a project with Network Engineering team, Network Operation team, project managers, Security, Application Owners, ServiceNow team and senior leadership to design, implement, and support an enterprise-class application-centric micro-segmentation using an endpoint-based solution, such as Cisco Tetration or Akamai Guardicore.
- Support the project with proof of concept, pilot implementation and implementation of micro-segmentation as a multi-year implementation program.
- Implementation of a streamlined and automated approval and implementation of access control policies is a key success criteria.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent education/experience
- 7 years Related experience; 10 years preferred.
- Strong experience with Cisco ACI
- Strong experience with Cisco Tetration and/or Akamai Guardicore or equivalent.
- Strong experience in advanced problem solving using systematic procedures and investigating problems utilizing root cause analysis.
- Strong experience in automation, orchestration specifically related to deployment, recovery, or other manual processes.
- Extensive experience with TCP/IP, VLANs, and ACLs.
- Experience designing and supporting Cisco enterprise networks.
- Solid understanding of network-based segmentation strategies
- Strong knowledge of enterprise switching and routing, and LAN/WAN technologies
- Experience with ServiceNow integration a plus
- Active Cisco CCNP or CCIE a plus