We have partnered with our client in their search for a Senior Cisco Network Engineer to join their enterprise network services team!
- Responsible to maintain LAN/WAN/Wireless services and connectivity.
- Maintain data centers, cabling, wiring closets, servers, consoles, switches, routers, etc.
- Monitor network and systems health, responding appropriately to network alerts and events.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot network issues on a day-to-day basis.
- Configure routers, switches, firewalls, servers, cabling, and related equipment for offices and Data Centers.
- Maintain redundancy across the network and identify areas of inefficiency.
- Adhere to Change Control procedures and plan implementations around existing maintenance windows.
- Provide documentation of projects and installations. Serve as engineer in on-call rotation.
- Perform various other duties and projects as assigned.
- Maintain and deploy policy changes to firewalls and load balancers.
- Incident and request management.
- Design and implementation of Network equipment and technologies.
- Work and participate in Network projects
- Provide Network support for IT projects
- 7 or more years of experience in a Cisco Network Engineering position
- 2 or more years in AWS network infrastructure or other cloud network infrastructure environments.
- Experience with F5 and Cisco Load balancing technology.
- Experience with Check Point, Cisco, Fortinet, and Palo Alto Firewall technology.
- Experience with other dynamic routing protocols a plus.
- Enterprise network design, implementation, maintenance and administration experience.
- In-depth understanding of network security including knowing the difference between and limitations of IDS, IPS, ACLs, and Stateful Firewall technologies.
- General application experience around DNS, DHCP, and RADIUS.
- Knowledge of Data Center redundancy technologies, including Anycast, VXLAN, Client, and overlay networking.
- Experience with VOIP, and SDWAN a plus.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills (both internal and external).
- Ability to prioritize projects and tasks.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Comfortable with identifying areas of improvement, and driving projects to completion
- Ability to create network documentation using Microsoft Visio.
- Must be able to quickly diagnose problems within the networked environment, including experience with packet capture software.
- High level verbal and written English communication skills.
Title: Senior Cisco Network Engineer
Location: Hybrid in Dallas, TX or Chicago, IL
Client Industry: Financial Services
Pay Rate: $65-$80/hour