Senior Business Analyst - Cyber Security
7+ Month Contract with Opportunity to Extend into 2024
Long term contract will be working with program managers on the data security work streams within a Global Cyber Security program at global insurance firm. Looking for a strong Business Analyst with Cyber Security experience.
• Gathering requirements, providing expertise and guidance, and executing plans to enhance business capability, achieve results and support the global cyber security organization.
• Understanding and clearly documenting complex process flows.
• Identifying and implementing business processes as well as continuous improvement initiatives by assessing alignment of current process, programs, and systems to business requirements and recognize opportunities for standardization, increased efficiency, cost reduction, increased quality, and improved user experience to enhance performance of the program.
• Providing recommendations for improvement and implementing procedural changes to ensure technical solutions align with organizational objectives, regulatory standards, and business needs.
• Identifying and eliminating risks to complex change implementation by planning user acceptance testing, clarifying, and ensuring developers understand requirements, coordinating users, executing tests, monitoring test completion, escalating defects/issues, and soliciting feedback to support accurate testing and alignment with desired outcomes.
• Facilitating meetings supporting all phases of assigned projects, using appropriate tools and technology according to meeting objectives and attendees.
• Foster a partnered approach, building and maintaining strong productive working relationships with internal stakeholders aligning service delivery with business needs.
• Develop implementation and improvement plans by eliciting business requirements from stakeholders to identify business needs, evaluate requirements and desired outcomes, analyze gaps between current and future state, and recommend solutions.
• Understand and clearly document complex process flows.
• Develop a list of technical business requirements based on discussions with stakeholders, engineers, and end users and analyze them for accuracy, completeness, redundancy, ambiguity, and testability.
• Discuss complex technical details at a high level with leadership/stakeholders and at a low level with engineers and architects.
• Assess, document, and communicate impact of change to business and individuals by collaborating with internal and external key stakeholders to analyze information needs and functional requirements, accurately define costs, schedule timeline, and evaluate interdependencies to develop business requirements documentation for key stakeholder engagement.
• Support end-users by thoroughly understanding user requirements and user experience.
• Assist with the identification of training requirements for assigned projects and business units by providing input to the training plan, supporting the development of training materials and participating in the training for assigned projects as required.
• Analyze business requirements for accuracy, completeness, redundancy, ambiguity, and testability.
• Identify and eliminate risks to complex change implementation by planning user acceptance testing, clarifying, and ensuring developers understand requirements, coordinating users, executing tests, monitoring test completion, escalating defects/issues, and soliciting feedback to support accurate testing and alignment with desired outcomes.
• Design and provision reporting solutions to enable project decision making, tracking and implementation.
• Adhere to data policies & standards, while also enforcing correct management of sensitive data in compliance with global business rules, legal and governmental regulations.
• Ensure data integrity, accuracy and reconciliation within reports and dashboards by reviewing, identifying, and resolving gaps and inconsistencies.
• Develop targeted presentations based on the audience.
• Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Experience: 4 years relevant experience.
• Ability to work global hours (CST/EST and occasionally UK, and Australia time zones).
• Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Working knowledge of cyber security projects and programs and managing requirements and testing on the projects.
• Experience collaborating with technical team members, business analysts, and project/program managers to ensure a quality solution is delivered.
• Evidence of successful participation in the delivery of complex programs.
• Effective collaboration, communication, and strong stakeholder management skills.
• Impact analysis and strong problem-solving skills when gathering and assessing business needs to overcome potential obstacles and challenges.
• Facilitate meetings supporting all phases of assigned projects, using appropriate tools and technology according to meeting objectives and attendees.
• Self-motivated, assertive, detail oriented, high degree of organization skills and the ability to appropriately prioritize assigned tasks to ensure timely goal achievement.
• Experience with software including Jira, Confluence, Microsoft O365.
• Working knowledge and understanding of SharePoint, SQL, relational databases and reporting tools such as Power BI, Tableau, MS Reporting Services and Excel.
• Working knowledge of terminology, function and fundamental capabilities of common computer, software, information and communication technology devices, components, and concepts.
• A deep understanding of IT networking and infrastructure.
• Working knowledge of the ServiceNow platform and modules.
• Understand the principles underlying the relationship among facts and apply this understanding when solving problems.
• Observe and evaluate the outcome of a business need and interpret the results and their implications.
• Foresee potential obstacles and challenges, identifying root cause and recommending plans to address.
• Effectively present thoughts to influence and persuade organizational leaders and key stakeholders to adopt innovative recommendations.
• Utilize advanced written and oral communication skills to inform key stakeholders.
• Navigate organizational structure by networking and building relationships among multiple business units.
• Share knowledge and educate others.
• Exhibit leadership in everyday interactions.
• Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
• Work effectively under pressure; develop and adhere to deadlines.
• Adapt and be flexible in a complex, changing environment.