The Salesforce Administrator is responsible for expanding the roadmap to enhance and add to the Salesforce ecosystem in addition executing the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance and improvement of the platform. This person will promote adoption, be able to speak to different levels of organization, keep current on new releases, and work with peer teams on integration solutions.
The ideal candidate will have a record of success in implementing, improving processes and adoption using the Salesforce platform. We are seeking someone with excellent technical and communication skills but more important, someone who can understand business needs and constraints - someone who can interface directly with internal stakeholders to understand their needs to administer and enhance the Salesforce system accordingly. This individual should be proactive, organized, logical and someone who is hungry to own and drive this important and central initiative for LRS.
Vice President of Customer Experience
Rosemont, IL (Onsite)
Create and Manage Changes to the System
- Be the lead of the Salesforce roadmap creation and requirements gathering and prioritization.
- Work with internal stakeholders across regions to come up with Sales and service standards related to org, user profiles and dashboards.
- Own the implementation and enhancement roadmap of Salesforce at LRS including sales and service cloud.
- Be an active member of the team involved in integration of Salesforce with other systems at LRS as needed.
- Maintain, enhance, and create workflows, functions, and configurations within the Salesforce.com environment.
- Create Salesforce metrics and monitor the health of system and adoption within the organization.
- Contribute and provide direction on how to effectively train reps on the tool and business processes surrounding it.
- Be the champion that drives adoption of the tool by identifying the reps pain points and fixing them.
- Modify the system to increase benefits and usability.
- Manage the change control process.
- Manage all processes that impact / relate to Salesforce.com.
- Manage new releases of Salesforce.com and efficiently roll out new features.
- Create and maintain fields, views, reports, dashboards, campaigns and other salesforce.com objects and functions.
- Communicate system changes to the users in advance so they understand the change and how to use it prior to implementation.
- Proactively seek out and identify needed system changes.
- Proactively gather feedback and upcoming requitement from users.
- Manage system changes without interruption to the user.
- Create custom objects when necessary.
- Handle on-going customization/ alteration of Salesforce.com.
- Provide support functions as needed.
Maintain System, Security, and Integrity
- Map salesforce.com hierarchy and territories in response to personnel changes.
- Reassign Accounts, Contacts, and Opportunities in response to personnel changes.
- Grant/ remove and maintain user licenses.
- Maintain security including sharing rules and security levels.
- Design, Create and maintain user roles, profiles, and hierarchies.
- Monitor application storage usage and archive data as needed.
User Assistance, Adoption and Satisfaction
- Expand use of Salesforce.com – attend planning meetings, assist with determining if /how Salesforce.com can be used in new ways as opposed to purchasing a new internal system.
- Create standard reports for different stakeholders in the organization.
- Assist business management to create processes in salesforce.com to help monitor activities, trends, and sales.
- Communicate regularly with user base regarding new features, enhancements, and changes to the system.
- Monitor usage and mentor users/groups needing assistance.
- Continually seek ways to further enhance the end-user experience.
Process Creation, Documentation and Maintenance
- Document company processes and workflows.
- Develop process documentation and field maps.
- Create new processes and associated reporting.
Data Quality, Migration and Maintenance
- Assist with migration from older systems/processes into Salesforce.com.
- Import data as appropriate.
- Monitor and manage exception logs for back-end system integration with Salesforce.com.
- Manage duplicate records.
- Monitor and improve data quality.
- Ensure data integrity by merging duplicate Contacts and Accounts; performing mass uploads and updates of data as required.
- Removing unnecessary fields and data; ensuring screens, fields and workflow have accurate names and reflect current workflow.
Qualifications / Knowledge / Critical Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/experience.
- 5 years of first hand Salesforce administration, system expansion and integration experience.
- Experience with the Salesforce.com implementation and maintenance.
- Salesforce.com Advanced Administrator certification, preferred.
- Previous re-engineering experience updating an existing Salesforce.com configuration to provide solutions for reporting, workflows, and enhanced functions
- In-depth knowledge of the standard capabilities of Salesforce.com and have successfully expanded on those capabilities using custom code (Apex, s-controls) and/or integration with external systems
- Strong reporting background using standard reporting tools including standard salesforce.com reporting functionality
- Detail oriented and self-starter with strong written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Proven ability to utilize Salesforce.com as a sales analysis tool - strong problem-solving skills
- Team player with positive “Can-do” attitude
- Travel as needed 5% - 10%
Physical Demands / Environmental Factors
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear
- Occasionally required to stand and walk
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Travel as required by role