Korn Ferry is seeking an Automation Lead for one of our clients in Plano, TX.
The Software Engineer’s main goal is to design and develop automation solutions by analyzing system performance standards; confer with users or system engineers. Successful candidate in this role will lead the automation test team, provide technical leadership in design and architecture of the automation framework, and will ensure adoption of the framework in all the QA teams in the organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Software Engineer will have complete ownership for preparing test automation solution, designing automation frameworks and lead the implementation of test strategy, test plans & test execution of the product.
• Recommends new tools, techniques and methodologies needed to enhance productivity and quality.
• Experience in architecting & building real-time, large-scale e-commerce applications.
• Collaborate with product teams to strategize & align long term solution for test automation including roadmap, tools, framework & approach.
• Evaluate, select, and formulate best usage of test automation tools and future alignment for different products and applications.
• Create a standard framework for Functional Automation, Performance Testing and Security and Penetration Testing. Presents technical documentation for review by peers and Development community.
• To work with QA team for resolution of technical issues of the product as needed.
• Develop automation strategy to support regression testing based on the technical analysis, complexity, and reusability.
• Responds appropriately and competently to the demands of work challenges when confronted with changes, ambiguity, adversity, and other pressures.
• Participate in the full development life cycle, working within broadly defined parameters, including estimation, test plan execution and software quality needs.
• Writing and executing test plans, designing, and developing test tools, debugging and reporting code bugs and pushing quality upstream.
• Develop and maintain automated scripts and manual regression test plans for a variety of interfaces. Develop and maintain automation frameworks consisting of functional libraries while adhering to coding standards.
• Assists in planning, scheduling, and implementing automation projects. Monitors automation projects and ensures that projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
• Analyzes scripts and performs code reviews of automated scripts. Reports results of automated scripts in test management tools. Provides updates on automation progress and custom reporting as requested.
• Develops automation strategies that will enhance test execution, manual test coverage and the consistency of regression testing.
• Provides training and technical assistance to members of the automation team. May assist with training on software enhancements. May cross-train and mentor less experienced QA team members.
• Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferred.
• 6+ years of experience in building and implementing software automation testing web applications and or client/server applications.
• 6+ years of Automation Testing experience with automation tools such as Selenium, UI testing, Webservices Testing.
• Demonstrated skill in using coding standards and being an active participant in code reviews.
• Expert in automation frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG, Selenium
• UI and/or API level test automation expertise
• Experienced in implementing testing and QA frameworks in eCommerce and Web Applications’ domain using Agile methodologies.
• Experience with high performance websites catering to millions of daily traffic.
• Thorough understanding and hands on experience in developing, enhancing automation testing frameworks.
• Strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis abilities.