PROPOSAL SPECIALIST – REMOTE
A global professional services firm is seeking an experienced Proposal Specialist one of their largest internal teams. With a primary focus on supporting the proposal and orals (PowerPoint) development process in response to RFI/RFPs, the Proposal Specialist will work efficiently, project manage appropriately, and leverage other resources when appropriate. You will be a driver of the overall process – gaining alignment and buy-in of team members, ensuring clarity of responsibilities, and escalating when appropriate. In addition, you will work across the Higher Education practice to secure and harvest content and ensure it is tagged correctly and loaded into the technology platform for broader practice utilization.
The team also looks to this individual to gather feedback on responses and content, improve processes/actions based on feedback, update where needed, present and implement new ideas, and help in developing additional sales enablement tools for the assigned practice. The Proposal Specialist will be asked to train and mentor other team members in best practices and new processes.
Additionally, this role will help support other key sales initiatives/activities which include orals presentation/pitch support, key account program, sales outreach initiatives, client satisfaction program, sales training, sales assets and asset management, competitive reviews/analysis, team reporting and request triaging.
- This position helps contribute and support sales efforts including responding to RFPs.
- The purpose of this role is to assist Higher Education business leaders in their sales efforts by driving the preparation of proposals, meeting materials and content during the sales process.
- This individual will act as a partner to business leaders, look for ways to improve overall quality, gain alignment and accountability, and ensure deliverables are on time and of the highest quality.
- 7+ years' previous experience with Proposal/RFP development and tools (Microsoft Teams/SharePoint, Seismic, Salesforce, Shipley, APMP) is highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a proposal development leader and overall driver of the process (assign responsibilities, lead timeline, manage action item register, develop risk mitigation plan, establish executive updates/escalation, leverage shared resources), resulting in on time, quality deliverables; strong project management skills
- Strong executive presence and ability to navigate different leadership styles and availability.
- Rigorous attention to detail and focus on quality of deliverables.
- Strong negotiation skills, proven consensus builder, and strong ability to build relationships with leaders.
- Strong writing, editing and PowerPoint skills. Includes deep understanding of how to leverage MS formatting and editing capabilities (especially in Word and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated experience as self-starter with limited need for supervision with ability to take complex issues and tease apart for phased execution.
- Ability to be available after hours and weekends as needed / directed by deadlines.