Lucas Group has partnered with our client in the oil and gas industry to find a Payroll Tax Analyst on a contract basis. This role is a 6 months contract with potential for hire for the right individual. They are 100% in-office, and this individual would need to be able to commute to the west side of Houston on a daily basis.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for calculating and processing payroll tax
- General ledger postings and reconciliation of the accounts
- Collecting tax payment information after payroll is run and remitting the tax payments to the IRS.
- Quarterly fillings for the state, forms 940-941
- Ensure the annual filings are completed.
- Process W2’s
- Responsible for unemployment rate changes and ensure they are loaded correctly in the SAP system
Educational & Work Requirements
- 3+ years of experience in payroll tax filings
- GL accounting knowledge - performing entries and reconciliations
- SAP is highly preferred
- Degree: Bachelors degree in Business is a plus
- Work Experience: 3+ years of experience in lieu of a degree
Title: Payroll Tax Analyst
Location: West Houston
Client Industry: Oil and Gas
Lucas Group ID: 1595748