We have partnered with our client in the Facilities Services industry in their search for an Interim Accounting Manager. Please note, this role is 100% on-site during month-end close. The company has multiple locations and 6 ledgers, actively growing through M&A. This position will be responsible for handling the General Ledger Accounting for a $200M+ BU of a $650M+ business.
Accounting and Reporting Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overseeing the Month End Close Process, ensuring accuracy and timeliness. This includes project review, preparation/review of month-end journals, account reconciliations, variance analysis, and reporting.
- Supervise all general ledger and fixed asset activities, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of transactions and compliance with internal policies.
- Contribute to the analysis of business performance and variance analysis.
- Identify and develop process improvements to enhance the efficiency of financial reporting.
- Participate in the annual audits of the BU.
Internal Control Management:
- Review, document, implement, and communicate the enforcement of correct and appropriate accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls in alignment with GAAP standards.
- Drive enhancements to financial and operational controls within the context of a business that offers both repair and maintenance services utilizing work tickets and design/build project services employing percentage of completion (POC) accounting principles.
- Offer support to the business for any ad-hoc reporting or requests, which may encompass areas such as system implementation/enhancements, ad-hoc business analysis/modeling, and local tax reporting and compliance.
- Extensive experience with heavy balance sheet reconciliations, bank reconciliations, heavy G/L accounting including intercompany knowledge. This is a working manager role, will review other Accountants’ work and roll up sleeves to assist with the grunt work.
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Organized with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Effective stakeholder partner who will leverage an understanding of the business to provide meaningful support
- Drive a continuous improvement approach
- Strong communicator, who embraces change and operates effectively within a decentralized reporting environment that is undergoing change
- Advanced Excel
Education & Work Experience
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance and a CPA License (preferred)
- 5+ years in accounting experience with 2+ years in a leadership position
- Public accounting or experience working in a private equity owned company preferred
- Experience in a multi-project-based company, preferably in Construction, Engineering, or other project-based industry experience
- Experience and demonstrated understanding of percentage of completion accounting (POC preferred)
- Experience with M&A, Due Diligence and Integration in an acquisition environment preferred; or similar demonstrated process improvement and change management experience
- Systems savvy with implementation experience and proficiency preferred
- Proficiency in G/L and reporting tools preferred
Interim Accounting Manager
Reference ID: $Job_id$