We have partnered with our client in their search for a Senior Data Analyst
New York, NY
Work Schedule:2 Days (Tuesday and Thursday) Onsite and 3 days remote
pay range: 75-85/hr
The Data Management Office is responsible for effective and consistent Data Management of the banks data which is deemed critical: Used in external reporting, used to continuously provide information to the banks board, and data whose deficiency can cause financial loss/severe Impact to the customer.
The new hire will work as a member of the DMO (Data Management Office), to perform activities required to provide effective control of the data which is deemed critical to the bank.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Conduct the authoritative source system assessments and create Level 2 process flows and risk & controls matrices.
• Document data lineage of CDEs from upstream source systems to the authoritative sources or reports. Decipher technical documentation, Data Flow diagrams, SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, and SSIS packages in order to extract relevant data lineage information.
• Document existing and proposed controls on the CDEs at various hops.
• Responsible for data profiling, discussing data quality requirements with the business users and IT, defining the DQ rules and getting approval from stakeholders.
• Coordinate with the Technical Data Analysts to build the DQ rules, test the DQ rules and create an issue remediation plan after performing root cause analysis.
• Coordinate the review and approval of DMO deliverables with business users, and obtain fit-for-purpose attestation of CDEs.
• Perform root cause analysis of BAU data quality issues and track their remediation. Update the DQ rule specifications as required.
• Track data gaps and control gaps, and facilitate resolution with IT and Business stakeholders.
• Bachelors degree in finance, accounting, business, economics, mathematics, physics or computer science
• At least 5+ Years working experience in Financial Industry as a business or data analyst
• Strong knowledge of Banking products
• Strong communication skills: Both written and oral with technical and non-technical staff
• Experience working in a Data management team and monitoring data quality or performing manual data lineage documentation
• At least 2+ Years working with complex SQL queries on databases such as SQL Server & Oracle
• Detail oriented, organized, and thorough
• Ability to thrive in a team-based environment
• Motivated to continuously challenge, improve, and/or automate processes