Job Title: Cybersecurity Solution Architect
Pay Rate: $80-100/hour
We have partnered with our client in their search for a Cybersecurity Solution Architect. This client works within a Microsoft Technology Stack but this position is more CMMC, compliance focused.
We are seeking an experienced and highly skilled Cybersecurity Solution Architect with in-depth knowledge of the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC). Alternative experience in lieu of CMMC would be experience with NIST Special Publication 800 series or familiarity with the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS). Expertise in GovCloud and FedRAMP experience, along with experience working in a hybrid Cloud/on-prem environment, required.
The successful candidate will play a vital role in designing and implementing robust cybersecurity solutions for our organization, ensuring compliance with industry standards, regulations, and government-specific requirements. This position requires strong technical expertise, exceptional problem-solving abilities, and a deep understanding of modern cybersecurity practices.
- Develop and design comprehensive cybersecurity architectures and solutions that align with the organization's business goals and objectives while considering the specific requirements of CMMC, GovCloud, FedRAMP, DFARS, and hybrid cloud environments.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including IT, engineering, and compliance, to understand business requirements and design effective security solutions for on-prem infrastructure, government environments, and CMMC compliance.
- Conduct thorough assessments of existing systems, networks, and applications in hybrid environments to identify vulnerabilities and risks and propose suitable security controls and mitigation strategies in accordance with relevant standards, regulations, and requirements.
- Stay up to date with the latest developments in cybersecurity frameworks, regulations, industry best practices, and guidelines.
- Act as a subject matter expert on CMMC, providing guidance and recommendations to internal teams and clients operating within these contexts.
- Work closely with stakeholders to define security requirements, translate them into technical specifications, and oversee the implementation of secure solutions that comply with relevant standards, regulations, guidelines, and hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- Conduct security reviews and audits to ensure compliance with applicable standards, policies, regulations, government-specific requirements, and guidelines.
- Perform risk assessments and threat modeling specific to hybrid/on-prem infrastructure, government environments, and CMMC compliance to identify potential security gaps and provide actionable recommendations for risk mitigation.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of security policies, procedures, and guidelines tailored to Government compliance standards.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to junior team members, fostering a culture of continuous learning and development.
- Recent 1-2 years working within a Microsoft environment. Experience working in Azure highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or a related field. Relevant certifications (e.g., CISSP, CISM, CISA) are highly desirable.
- Proven experience as a Cybersecurity Solution Architect, Security Consultant, or a similar role, with a focus on designing and implementing cybersecurity solutions in government environments.
- In-depth knowledge of the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) or the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication 800 series
- Strong understanding of security principles, protocols, and technologies, including network security, application security, cryptography, and identity and access management.
- Familiarity with industry standards and frameworks such as ISO 27001, PCI DSS, and GDPR, with an emphasis on government-specific requirements