We have partnered with our client in their search for a Business Intelligence Engineer
Hybrid On-Site NYC
This is a contract for a Business Intelligence Engineer for BI and Analytics. The candidate will help design and build a cloud BI platform including scheduled and ad-hoc reporting, interactive dashboards and data feeds for internal and external customers. You will be working closely with the application development and product teams to migrate existing BI and reporting applications to AWS. You will also help research, design and build a business intelligence framework to enable analytics, data science and reporting across all product lines. You will work on mining and onboarding new data sources into the BI platform and modeling the BI data lake to help leaders and clients make data driven decisions.
- Experience developing highly secure applications.
- Expert in data, data management and business intelligence.
- Strong experience with industry BI & analytics tools (AWS Lake Formation, Athena, QuickSight, Tableau, Synergy, etc.)
- Experience with Kafka and building ETL pipelines.
- Experience working with XML schemas.
- Extensive experience with Python or other scripting languages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in mentoring and working with other team members in an Agile environment.
- Experience working with a Secure-SDLC and implementing check points and processes for building and deploying code within that regulated environment.
- Experience developing and supporting large, mission critical transaction processing applications is preferred.
- Experience with payment systems, networks and protocols (i.e. Fedwire, CHIPS, SWIFT, ISO2022, ACH etc.) is a plus.
- Experience working in a highly regulated financial services environment and understanding of advanced security concepts including data masking.
- Complete tasks and projects in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate high levels of professionalism and decorum.
- Demonstrate effective team work.
- Adhere to and support all Tech & Ops and TCH strategic goals.
- Communicate effectively with internal personnel at all levels and with vendors and external clients.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Work with Architects, Development teams, Information Security, Infrastructure and Operations to develop requirements for common services and create and work with the team to maintain detailed functional and technical specifications and user guides.
- Ensure Common Services acts like a product with regular updates and a focus on the customer.
- Support the operation of the common components and services that the team is responsible for.
- Ensure adherence to change management and risk policies.
- Continue to drive modern enterprise application development with a focus on the cloud.