As a Software Engineer you will help deliver a best in class platform that provides intra-day and overnight pricing, risk computation, and scenario-driven analysis for a wide range of complex financial products.
You will engage in the full delivery lifecycle, from requirements gathering, helping take the strategy through to design, development, testing, deployment and support. The successful candidate must be passionate about working in a fast moving environment, collaborating across a global team of multiple disciplines and agile development process. The ideal candidate will thrive in a continuously evolving landscape, working with new technologies, and learning and expanding their skillset. You must have the drive and enthusiasm to deliver performant and scalable solutions in a high volume, high throughput environment, taking the initiative to research, identify and utilize the best combination of frameworks and technologies.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
· Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent knowledge and experience.
· Excellent understanding of Core Java concepts, including object-oriented design, memory management, multi-threading, and new language features up to Java 11 or Java 17.
· Well versed with Enterprise Integration patterns – Messaging, IPC, Service Bus, Micro service-based designs.
· Experience with Java Enterprise technologies and frameworks, including SpringBoot, Hibernate, REST based services.
· Working knowledge of AWS Public Cloud solutions: Terraform, EC2, ACG, EKS, ECS, Security Groups, IAM, VPCs.
· Creative mindset to think out of the box and find alternative ways to solve complex computing problems.
· Familiarity with cutting edge technologies/trends, open-source software and drive to actively learn new skills.
· Strong understanding of techniques such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Test Driven Development, resiliency, application security; experience with Jules pipeline.
· Excellent communication skills and enthusiasm to work on a globally distributed team.
Other nice-to-have skills that will give you an advantage in this role include:
· Experience with other languages and platforms, including Python, React JS, Go, C++, or C#. Demonstrated ability to switch between different technologies effectively.
· Java performance analysis & tuning – profiling tools, garbage collection choices etc.
· Experience with Databases – relational as well as No-SQL – Sybase / Oracle / Cassandra / Mongo DB / ElasticSearch
· Experience with Messaging Middleware - Kafka / MSK / gRPC / ProtoBuf
· Experience supporting production environments, responding to user concerns, and taking ownership of production issues.
· Experience working in financial services / understanding of equity derivative products and risk management.